My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What's on your desk?

Where I stamp at home

I thought I'd show you my stamp area, along with others at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/. My area is at the top of the stairs in a loft area that gets really warm (the fan is the most important thing on my desk!). I have wood-mounted stamps to my left and in front of me on the wall, and clear-mounted stamps - and the blocks - in the built-in bookcase to my left.

I really do have my area this clean when preparing projects. And I like having everything within reach. I keep the rolls of ribbon in front of me with several pairs of scissors, the flat punches stacked in the bookshelf and the lever punches stacked three deep on my ink pad holder. All of my 8-1/2" x 11" card stock is in the top drawer of the black filing cabinet.

I'm getting ready for a Christmas card stamp-a-stack tonight, so the green striped tote is holding three prepped card totes, and there are bags of things to take out to my studio tonight. The other plastic totes with lids on them are from other events I've done. I keep telling myself I'll make up the rest of those cards. And one of these days, I will! As for what's on top of the right side of my desk - it's a mess. There's a big shoe box with tons of scraps, packets from old make & takes, and random punched pieces that I didn't end up using. I like to clear out my scrap box a couple of times a year by "gifting" it to a favorite customer. They're thrilled and so am I.

Have a great day!
Kept uncluttered so I can use the paper cutter easily, and so my 9-year-old daughter can stamp with me. We just finished stamping and coloring her birthday invitations.


Where the clutter accumulates! This is the right side of my built-in desk. It gets cleared out once in awhile (not as often as it should!)

Flat punches, clear-mount stamps, markers, sponge daubers, glitter, and clear blocks


15 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, welcome to WOYWW - thanks for sharing. Your area is a delight - surrounded by stamps and utterly organised. I fugure that the clear stamps are in the 'files' on the bottom shelf...took me a while, I was looking for the chaotic sort of storage that I employ!

Helen said...

Welcome indeed, I hope you come back. I love it here - you have some fab stamps on those lovely lovely shelves!!!

Sue said...

Hi Terry
welocme to the mad house, great desk piccies, enjoy your snoop, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Sarpreet said...

workdesk, no this is a studio, wow! fab workspace,Happy WOYWW! Thank you for sharing your workspace (Linky number 19)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

You have a great space. everything looks nice and neet.. Thanks for sharing in on the fun with WOYWW!!

Hugs
Shirley (#102)

Sarah said...

Welcome and thank you for sharing your fantastic space with us

Scrapcollectr said...

First of all, your "Life is..." quote in your profile should be made into a stamp because it would sell a zillion units! I want to make a card out of it, I like it so much. Second, I'm officially jealous of ur studio. Sigh. If only I could bring myself to take my SU sets out of their containers and put them on shelves that way! Beautiful idea. Have a great day!
(Linky #148)

JoZart Designs said...

Welcome to WOYWW! It's such fun.
Your space is so tidy but really interesting and so well organised. I need lessons! Great stash of stamps too, lucky you!
JoZarty x 71 (not 43 as I made a typo)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome to WOYWW. You're going to love it here and we're going to love looking at all those stamps, punches, and ribbon, not to mention ink pads and other goodies. You have a lovely studio. I could play in your space. I'm a neat nick, too.

I was here earlier, and tried to leave you a comment. I keep geting a 503 error. Not sure what's wrong with blogger, but it's making it hard to give you a proper first time WOYWW welcome.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Wednesday fun! Love your stamping area, very organised, but I'm glad to see there's a messy corner too!

Hugs
Brenda

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Lots of first timers this week.....welcome!! You have a beautiful work space and so organised.

Hope to see you next week.

A.xx

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful space. Have you ever blown all your embossing powder away with your fan? Just wondered if I'm the only person whose managed that! Thanks for sharing.

Terry said...

You made me laugh! So far I've remembered to put a cover on my embossing powder before turning on the heat gun (though I've forgotten with glitter and had some nice fairy dust flying around because the fan was on!).

Ciara said...

Wow, you have an incredible craft space, I love it!

Thanks so much for sharing with us :-)

Ciara
xx

ps - sorry I'm late

HeARTworks said...

It must be wonderful to see all your stamps, then you won't forget you have them! Mine are in boxes and sometimes it's a lot of trouble to get them! Patsy from
HeARTworks