My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, September 6, 2010

Countryside card for sketch challenge...

Happy Labor Day! I hope you're having a wonderful time with your friends and family.

My family is hanging out today, and I'm stamping. Life is good! I mounted my Countryside stamp set for this Mojo Monday sketch, pairing it with Elegant Soiree dsp. My dad will love receiving this card - even with the Victoria trim.

The main card is Soft Suede card stock, with a layer of Baja Breeze, then pieces of Elegant Soiree dsp. I used the biggest circle punch Stampin' Up! carries for the truck and hand-cut the larger Soft Suede circle after tracing the lid from a brad container. It's hard to cut a perfect circle, which is why I opted to distress it with a Cutter Kit. *smile*

A knot of trim and a little jewelry tag with a glimmer brad finishes the card.

Stamps: Countryside (116998 wood, 120495 clear), Tiny Tags (118091 wood, 118592 clear);
Ink: Soft Suede pad (115657);
Paper: Soft Suede (115318), Very Vanilla (101650), Baja Breeze (111352); Elegant Soiree dsp (117163);
Accessories: Victoria 5/8" crochet trim (118481), 2-1/2" Circle Punch Extra-Large(120906), Medium Jewelry Tag Punch (1117190).

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Love the mixture of that vintage lace with the truck image. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Krista said...

You did a fantastic job with the challenge, loooove your card !