My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nite Owl-covered coffin for Halloween decoration...

I had a couple of items I wanted to alter before my Halloween Stamp Camp Thursday evening - this coffin was one of them. I picked it up at a craft store for $2.99.

I used SNAIL on the wooden bottom of the coffin and stuck it to a sheet of Nite Owl dsp, then cut around it with a hobby blade. I did the same for the lid.

The spider web sides came out of another piece of Nite Owl dsp, 1-1/8" wide that wraps all the way around the way around and is cut around the clasp. I used 5/8" Old Olive satin ribbon for the sides of the lid, knotting it, then added black lace ribbon over the top.

These Black Flourish Designer Jewels are really fun to add to projects. For more bling, I added an antique brad with the raven that I punched from dsp.

Stamps: Tiny Tags;
Ink: Basic Gray, Old Olive;
Paper:  Nite Owl dsp, Basic Black;
Accessories: Black Flourish Designer Jewels, antique brads, linen thread, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, 5/8" Old Olive satin ribbon, Black Lace Ribbon (Holiday Mini).

1 comment:

Holly said...

Very cool.... these would be perfect with Candy in it as a centerpiece or something!! I think you should keep this out all year! I don't know if I ever told you or not but in College my Step Dad made me a coffin for a video project I was doing.. It was huge..My roomate and I kept in it our living room for the longest time.. I have to say when we made the video it was a bit creepy to see her in there.