My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spooky Night Rub-Ons for apothecary jars...

So I was roaming around a store yesterday and saw some adorable Halloween jars. I picked up a few for $4 each before turning down another aisle and seeing these jars - clear glass only - for only $1.29 each.

Using the same technique I use for making glittery Christmas glass ornaments, I rinsed these out, added Concord Crush reinker to the rounded jar and Pear Pizzazz reinker to the flat-faced jar, swirled them around to entirely coat the inside (dump out any excess), then dumped in black glitter (left) and green glitter (right), pouring the excess back into the glitter container.

Each jar has a cork top. I pushed and rolled each cork in my Jet Black StazOn pad.

I took the Spooky Night Rub-Ons to decorate the outside of the containers. The rounded container is a challenge with its curves, but I'm happy with the results.

1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.