My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Say "love you" with a simple sketch that works for guys

 
This card is perfect for my son's birthday, coming up in a couple of weeks. I used the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and coordiating Bitty Banner framelits.
 
 
I started with a Crumb Cake card, and added a 3" x 4" tag of Sycamore Street dsp with some yummy satin Island Indigo ribbon, then used the Hearts framelits to diecut a big heart that I ran through the Honeycomb embossing folder for some great texture. It's a clean, straight-forward card for my loving boy. The best part is I got the Sycamore Street paper and ribbon for FREE, and the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set is also a FREE option when you order $50 during our Sale-a-Bration event. Here's the sketch I very literally followed:
Here are the rules for Freshly Made Sketches:
  1. Please use any crafting product you would like to use.
  2. Feel free to combine our sketch with up to THREE other challenges.
  3. Please add a DIRECT link to your blog when adding your card to the linky below.
  4. Please include our sketch and a link back to Freshly Made Sketches on your post.
  5. Have fun!

This challenge will end on Monday, February 4th at Noon (PST). On Tuesday, we will be announcing the winner of this week's sketch challenge who will known as the "Queen of Clean" and each Design Team Member will choose one "Princess". To add your card, go to http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com, Challenge #71.

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That bubbled background sets the heart off perfectly!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great mix of colors! And the textured heart is super! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

MiamiKel said...

Fun! I love the simplicity of this :) I saw the sketch and couldn't make it work, lol, but wow, you sure did! Love this!

Jen Timko said...

This is fantastic! Love the pop of color from the heart...super take on the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!