My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A little Spring Catalog test with a sketch challenge

 
Can you spot five Spring Catalog items on this card? They'll all in in this photo.
 

 
This is one of my card club projects this month. I started with a Calypso Coral card embossed with the Honeycomb folder (1), added a 1" x 5" strip of Tea for Two dsp (2) for a banner, stamped and punched out the little bird from Itty Bitties (3) and placed it on the designer builder brad (4). The sentiment is from Wishes Your Way (5), punched out with the Word Window. The main image is from For the Birds. I only added a little color to the heart, beaks and grass with markers, then die-cut it using a label framelit, layered on the next size larger framelit in Bashful Blue.
 
 
Never make the same card twice! Use a sketch challenge like I did with my card. I used the Friday Mashup Challenge 91. There's still a day left to play along!


3 comments:

Lili said...

Such a cute card! That image of the birds is so adorable and the embossed background is great in Calypso Coral. That button is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

Lisa said...

The birds are too cute, and great idea to use a bird image for the brad.

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup.

hollybeary creations said...

I love the color combo you used Terry.. and how cute is that little bird in the brad? Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.