My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Upcycling has never been so sweet!

 
I've been upcycling items a lot lately, including giving these jars a new life. I've seen lots of dessert bar ideas on Pinterest and thought why not combine a "candy" bar with upcycling?
 
 
There is Stampin' Up! product on these - namely the now retired chalkboard labels. I love everything chalkboard!
 
 
I washed and removed labels from salsa, alfredo sauce, pickles and more, then glued on porcelain knobs I purchased from a craft store, and painted the "new" lids a satin red. I rubbed on the vinyl chalkboard labels and that was it!
 
 
For this frappucino bottle, I decided not to add a knob and to instead add some Real Red and Basic Black card stock with the silver glimmer buckle.

 
For now, these jars are sitting on my kitchen island. But they'll have a special place on a table at my studio for my American Ink Christmas party coming up!

1 comment:

Tina said...

amazing idea i have so many jars that just sit, ill have to give it a try...thanks for the inspiration