My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Evergreen trees are beautiful on cards and in the house

 
There's something special about trees, especially Christmas trees. I'm not sure if it's the fresh smell or the large addition of green INSIDE the house. I do know you can't go wrong with a Christmas card that has a tree on it - especially one as pretty as these Evergreen stamps, which can layer over each other. This tree was stamped on a Very Vanilla Apothecary Accent framelit, then layered on a piece of patterned paper from the Merry Moments Simply Scrappin' kit with a scallop border punched strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock. It was another design from my last 10-card Christmas class.
 

 

My kids were a little disappointed to learn they have school today. My son was hoping for at least a 2-hour delay due to icy roads, but it's warmed up and is 38 degrees right now. Both of my kids have tests today, and it is their last full day of school for the year, so we'll have reason to celebrate tonight! I'm happy to say that I finished baking - and delivering - all of my neighbor gifts. I do plan on baking another couple of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin bread loaves for my twin sister and her family who are visiting us this weekend.
 


No comments: