My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, December 29, 2012

It's almost time to say Ciao, Baby! to another year

 
Today I'm saying Ciao, Baby! because that's the name of a cute new stamp set in the Spring Catalog that features images that fit perfectly into new, smaller scallop circle and curly label punches.
 


I made this card for color challenge #232 at Create with Connie and Mary,

2012 Create Thursday-012
and sketch challenge #273 at Mojo Monday. It uses new products from the 2013 Spring Catalog - an oval framelit, the oval chevron stamp from a new set called Oh, Hello, the 7/8" scallop circle punch, and a silver basics designer button. You're also getting a peek at one of the three satin ribbons that comes in a free pack with coordinating buttons for our Sale-a-Bration Event, which starts January 22.
 
 

The Whisper White, Pool Party and Silver Glimmer Paper made me think of a baby boy, so that's where my idea came from. I hope you like it!

 
The card measures 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" (folding in half). You might also notice I used the Chevron Embossing Folder to coordinate with the stamp.
 
Happy Stampin'!



11 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Really cute card. I am going to need a baby card come January. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Super cute Terry! I would have never thought to make a baby card with Glimmer Paper. Happy (almost) New Year!

Beth said...

I love your card! Especially using the Glitter paper -- adds such a touch of elegance!

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

What a stunning baby card. I would never have thought of using silver glimmer paper for a baby card. It just looks great. ;)

Hugs, Rosalien

Melissa Davies said...

WOW!! This card is absolutely gorgeous! That will be one lucky baby! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

MiamiKel said...

Positively charming!! This is the perfect baby card :)

Monika Davis said...

Very cute! I'm so glad you joined our color challenge this week for Create with Connie & Mary!
Monika

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I like how you combined the two challenges. I have to admit that I had to look up the word CIAO as I had no clue what it meant! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary and Happy New Year!

Deb said...

Beautiful baby card! Love that these colors create such a delicate soft look that they can be used for a baby card! So many great elements on this! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh this is absolutely DARLING!!! I love all the details you put into this...DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

What a FUN and wonderful baby card! Love the Ciao greeting...fits perfectly! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!