My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, July 29, 2011

It's time to celebrate with Monkey Challenge 67


I admit it... I love paper! And I especially love this Beau Chateau dsp. Did you know there's a special on designer paper starting August 1? Buy 3 packs and get 1 free!!! Wow! I love it.


My card this week is based on the A La Card Monkey Challenge 67: Celebration + A Sketch. I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a couple layers of Beau Chateau paper on top, using the Cutter Kit to distress the edges before sponging them with Crumb Cake. The "Congrats" is from the Tagtastic hostess set. After stamping the word in Soft Suede ink, I ran it through the Big Shot in the oval designer frame. There's a bit of Marina Mist dotted scallop ribbon on there, along with a couple pearls and a few pennants over some natural hemp.


Here's the sketch:

3 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Terry I love the card, you are amazing! Just to bang out a card like that after a long day!! I had a lot of fun today... Thanks!

Hugs
Shirley

Patti said...

Love the vintage look. Also like how you put the sentiment in the frame.

Curlyq said...

Terry,
I love your card and your site, I need to purchase that flip flop book and do at my kids craft club - super cute!
Thanks so much for all the positive comments on my page!
Cristy (curlyq)