My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Paper Rose Tutorial


I made up a quick and easy photo tutorial to show how this paper rose was made. It's adhered to the Blossom Box (new die for the Big Shot) with dimensionals.

Paper Rose Tutorial:

1. Punch 8 flowers using the Fancy Flower Punch

2. Spritz top side of each flower with water and crumple tightly. (I use Stampin' Mist because I always have it on my desk, and it has the bonus of smelling like roses!)

(Note: If you're using designer paper, don't spritz with anything. If you're using colored card stock, spritz both sides of the flowers.)

3. Open up flowers and stack them on each other. Then pierce a hole through the center and add a brad. It's a big stack, but you will be able to open the brad's legs on the back side.

4. Starting with the top flower, squish it into the center from both sides as tightly as possible. Repeat with the other 7 flowers, squishing each toward the center.

5. This is the tightly crumpled bud you should end up with.

6. Simply spread out the bud until it looks like you want - a beautiful paper rose.

1 comment:

paper bag create said...

FABULOUS tutorial...
ON my to do list!
Smiles. :)