My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Creating framed art with stamps and punches

 
Temperatures are dropping here, so a penguin in hat and scarf doesn't seem so far fetched! I paper pieced the little guy's clothing for a special project I made for my American Ink team Christmas party gift exchange.
 


Here's the finished project. I've seen so many framed art pieces and have been wanting to make one. I used Candlelight Christmas Specialty dsp, along with a handful of punches (scallop square, 1-3/8" square, wide oval, 1-3/8" circle, mitten builder, and tag), and the Scallop Squares Duo die for the Big Shot. The colors are pulled from the dsp - Early Espresso, Red Red and Old Olive. Stamp sets used include Joyous Celebrations, No Peeking, Tags til Christmas, Word Play, Delightful Decorations, and Snow Much Fun. To add some bling, there are Brights glimmer brads on the mittens, a rhinestone on the Noel ornament, and Dazzling Diamonds glitter on several of the images.

I'll share photos of the party tomorrow! You'll love the gifts (and probably want to make them for yourself!).

3 comments:

Kim said...

I wanted that bad! it's so cute! Had tons of fun today!
Hugs, kim

Anonymous said...

I love this...and the little penguin is super cute. I'm going to have to get that set now :-)

Donna Heber said...

A splendid idea and in a gorgeous flourish frame! Love all those punches.