My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Blossoms springtime card with Marina Mist...


Marina Mist is easily my favorite color in the new Stampin' Up! collections. And you can pair any color nicely with Crumb Cake. It's my favorite neutral! So when you put the two together with the gorgeous Springtime Vintage dsp and the Easter Blossoms stamp set, I think you get a winner every time.

I first saw a card similar to this on Shelli Gardner's blog. I believe she made it for a regional, though I could be mistaken. I used a square punch to make the angle on the strip. The photo makes it look like the punched dsp strip hangs down past the card bottom, but it doesn't. It's an optical illusion! lol I sponged the Scallop Trim Border-punched edges of Crumb Cake with the same color ink, as well as the oval scallop greeting. The vanilla rosette is adhered with a Mini Glue Dot. The ribbon and color of ink for the sentiment is Marina Mist.

We're quickly coming to the end of April, when items like the Easter Blossoms stamp set, Springtime Vintage dsp, and vanilla rosettes will no longer be available to order! If you'd like anything from the Occasions Mini Catalog that isn't being carried over (see my April 20 post below), please contact me and I'll place your order, or you may order online yourself. Have a terrific Saturday!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Beautiful Easter card. Such a soft, lovely look.