My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ah... This Monkey Challenge 52 is A Slice of Life...


Bear with me here. My close-up photo was horizontal when I took the photo and when I uploaded it. The thumbnail looks correct too. But when I add the photo to this post, it turns it on its end! I took the close-up to show the Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the middle drink, the highlights made with the white gel pen, and the tiny pearl in the middle of the flower on the first mug. Oh, and I used a red Sharpie to color a tiny pearl for the "cherry" on the middle drink whip too. Yum!


Here's the A La Card Monkey Challenge 52 - it's your favorite coffee/tea/beverage of choice, along with my sketch.


I was thinking coffee shop, a newspaper with your coffee... that's what got me started. I sponged Newsprint dsp (top) and Elegant Soiree dsp (bottom) with a luxurious knot of 5/8" Very Vanilla satin ribbon separating the two. I used an image from A Slice of Life. It's a Level 1 hostess set in the Occasions Mini Catalog, which is only available till the end of April. To the left of the cups, I used the Tiny Tags stamp set with the Medium Jewelry Punch and Vintage Trinkets (those adorable looking button brads!) to add a "love 4 you" greeting. I enjoy an occasional mocha with a little coconut and whipped cream. The drink is called "The Hollywood Star" at the bowling alley espresso stand. I call it pure bliss!

I hope you'll create a card for this challenge. Why? 'Cause it's fun, silly!!! If you're not sure where to start, you'll want to visit http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com/ to see all the wonderful ideas. You'll have to visit the monkey blog anyway to upload your card. Love ya!

1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love the card, Wow I think all of us used a different Stamp set with coffee. I love the glitter and the pearls on your card. What I really like is the idea about reading the paper with a cup of coffee... Very smart idea.

Hugs
Shirley