My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, April 1, 2011

New blog! More fun! Getting back to Nature...


I'm starting a new blog with a friend called A La Card Monkey, and we're starting with the theme challenge of Nature. We picked a big number to start with - 50 - and I'm giving out a BIG BUNDLE of STAMPIN' GOODIES!!! There's paper, ribbon, brads, stamps and more!

Here's my nature card:


I started with a pretty flower on lined yellowish paper from the Botanical Gazette dsp pack, crumpling it up and distressing the edges with the Cutter Kit. To it, I added a bee from the Nature Walk stamp set on dimensionals that was colored with More Mustard (body) and Bashful Blue (wings), as well as one of the Four Frames stamps. For added interest, I put in a jumbo eyelet and threaded the 1/8" Early Espresso ribbon through the eyelet and around the first two layers before knotting it. The decorative label is adhered with dimensionals too. The "celebrate" comes from Fabulous Phrases. I cut it out, roughed up the edges with the Cutter Kit and adhered it to the label with dimensionals. You can see a close-up below.


Now it's YOUR turn! Stamp a card that has something to do with Nature, and add it to the http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com/ blog. You could win BIG!!! Isn't the badge I designed with My Digital Studio cute?

2 comments:

Holly said...

That little bird and bee are adorable.. great Nature card!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love how you went for the shabby look... pretty cool!

Hugs
Shirley