My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, August 12, 2011

D is for Dog sympathy card for Monkey Challenge 69


This week's new challenge at A La Card Monkey is a sympathy or thinking of you card with a sketch. My neighbor has to have her dog put to sleep this weekend, so I felt this was appropriate. It's hard saying goodbye to a dog that has been in your family for 14+ years, as her dog has. I didn't want the card to be a downer, but I did want her to know I'm thinking of her and Nicky.

It's always good to have one in your stash should something happen. Here's the sketch I followed:


Stamps: D is for Dog;
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso;
Paper: Whisper White, Just Add Cake dsp, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso;
Accessories: 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1" and 1-1/4" circle punches.

3 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atif said...

Colors are so much attractive and looks very pretty on these cards....


Plastic cards

Jean Addis said...

Your neighbor is going to appreciate this wonderful card. It is hard to lose a pet so your thoughtfulness is apparent. Great job.