My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, August 12, 2011

D is for Dog sympathy card for Monkey Challenge 69


This week's new challenge at A La Card Monkey is a sympathy or thinking of you card with a sketch. My neighbor has to have her dog put to sleep this weekend, so I felt this was appropriate. It's hard saying goodbye to a dog that has been in your family for 14+ years, as her dog has. I didn't want the card to be a downer, but I did want her to know I'm thinking of her and Nicky.

It's always good to have one in your stash should something happen. Here's the sketch I followed:


Stamps: D is for Dog;
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso;
Paper: Whisper White, Just Add Cake dsp, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso;
Accessories: 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1" and 1-1/4" circle punches.

2 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean Addis said...

Your neighbor is going to appreciate this wonderful card. It is hard to lose a pet so your thoughtfulness is apparent. Great job.