My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, August 5, 2011

Facing The Open Sea with Monkey Challenge 68: Anything Goes!


I always feel a sense of urgency when we near the end of a mini catalog. Did I use my stamps enough? What designer series paper do I still need to use? I came up with The Open Sea stamp set and Nautical Expedition dsp. I love them both, and I'll miss them both when they're no longer available after August 31.


I love this week's A La Card Monkey sketch. I can visualize so many different kinds of cards using this sketch - and for every occasion. In fact, I may just try one or two more cards with this same sketch this weekend, so keep an eye out for that. Now for my card - I used the Square Lattice Embossing Folder on the Whisper White card front, then added 1-1/2" x 3-3/4" strips of Nautical Expedition dsp (made into flags with a square punch at the bottom). I used a bit of SNAIL to adhere the Baker's Twine across the top. I punched out the Early Espresso ship with the 2-1/2" circle punch and adhered it with dimensionals. Then I added "you're the BEST" from Perfect Words (a hostess offering) in Cherry Cobbler ink on a strip of white card stock that I also punched at the end with a square punch. There's a trinket brad on the end.


1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.