My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wicked Cool easel card for Week 9 of Pumpkin Blog Hop

 
When I saw my blogging friend Debbie Henderson's cute little candy corn a few weeks ago, I had to incorporate them into my own card! This Halloween easel card was one of the projects for my club members this month. I love those googly eyes!
 
 
I adhered strips of Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White card stock to some computer paper, then used the Pennant Punch to make the candy corn shapes.
 
The card base is Tangerine Tango with pieces of Howlstooth & Scaringbone dsp, some Basic Black ric rac (Tasteful Trims die for the Big Shot), and dotted scallop ribbon. I love the new little scallop circle punch in the Holiday Mini too. It's such a cute size for little sayings like "have a WICKED halloween."
 
 
Each week, you're invited to add your Halloween creation to the blog hop, along with the code near the bottom of each post. When you add the code to your blog while you are in the edit HTML mode, your readers can play along, leave comments, and view the samples right from YOUR blog!

At the end of 13 weeks, one person will get a $50 Stampin' Up! gift certificate! The more times you enter the blog hop, the better your chances of taking home the Grand Prize. You also get a ticket just for displaying The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop badge on your blog. Whoo hoo!
 
 
Here's a side view of the easel card. You can see the bats inside. There's just enough room for a brief note!

Wow! It's hard to believe we'll be in October and another week closer to Halloween! I figured it was time for my blog header to reflect the change in weather and seasons. What do you think? It's quite a change from the pink floral header I had before. I hope you find a few minutes to add your project to the blog hop. Thanks!

Stamps: Wicked Cool;
Ink: Basic Black pad;
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango card stocks, Howlstooth & Scaringbone dsp;
Accessories: Googly eyes, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tasteful Trim die, 1-1/4" scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 1/2" Scallop Dots Basic Black ribbon, Pennant Builder Punch.

13 comments:

Barb Archut said...

The candy corn are adorable, Terry. I love your new banner too! Thanks for all your help today. You're the best

Audrey said...

LOVE this project, Terry!! Super cute!! Those candy corn shapes are so clever!! Great use of the rickrack!! Keep 'em coming! Love the new feel of your blog! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Cute easel card! Your candy corn are adorable, and I'm now feeling like I need to go buy a bag :)

Dale Morin said...

Love your candy corn. The card is great!

Eileen Lang said...

Great Halloween card. And I agree with the other comments on the adorable candy corn.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love this easel card. The candy corns made me laugh. They are my favourite Halloween Candy. Looks like really fun entries this week!

Melissa Davies said...

What an adorable easel card! The googlie eyes on the candy corn just made me smile!

Carol L said...

What a totally cute easel card! I love the candy corn image with googlie eyes! TOO cute!

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

So cute!! I love the candy corn! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your easel card is totally adorable Terry! And thanks for the shout-out!

MiamiKel said...

OH Terry, this is over the top cute!! Lovely easel card and a great way to showcase images and sentiments! Fabby!!

lisa808 said...

Cute candy corn!

Anonymous said...

Debbie G
Love this easel card. Great idea using the pennant punch for candy corn