My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Christmas cards and cool furniture finds of the day

 
Ooh, these mittens look so cozy! I love the glitter on them. This was one of the five designs at a recent 10-card Christmas class.
 
 
I CASE'd this card from Jill Hilliard, though I changed the embossed part to a Delicate Design Folder. It uses the Make a Mitten stamp set and Mitten Builder Punch, along with Greetings of the Season with Baja Breeze and Island Indigo colors of ink and card stock.
 
 
I had the best day today! Look at my biggest score - a $25 pew! The seat compartment opens. I think it's adorable. My BFF Kim and I went to a vintage market, a thrift store, and a handful of garage sales. We each got a pew at a moving sale. Eric - an actor who starts filming on the TV show I Hate My Teenage Daughter next month - is helping his mom purge two storage units and a garage so he can move her to a condo he bought for her in Los Angeles. He's quite the talker, and an absolute sweetheart! I also found these two items at the moving sale:
 
 
This little unit is sitting on a shabby chic table I bought at the vintage market today. Eric's mom had used it to hold onions and potatoes. This is a "before" photo. It cleaned up nicely. I can't wait to use it at the Tacoma Holiday Food & Gift Festival next month. Kim and I have been working on lots of fabulous handmade crafts!
 
 
This was another little table I picked up. I like that it has a clear, hinged drawer and is sturdy.
 
Now for more Christmas cards:  





 
Sassy Salutations and Snow Festival dsp using a Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch from a couple of weeks ago.

 
A sentiment from More Merry Messages and the Music Notes standard wheel, CASE'd from Deb Lalim.
 
 
A monochromatic card in Soft Suede with Snowflake Soiree, CASE'd from Mary Fish.
 
The fifth Christmas card design was the No Peeking card here.
 
Have a wonderful weekend! I'll see you back here Monday morning with my last Merry Monday challenge as the Featured Designer for September. I hope you'll join in the fun!

11 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

Love, Love, Love all of it ~ thanks so much for stopping by my blog and inviting me over~I'll be following you as well ~ love your creativity and love for vintage furniture!Enjoy your day!

Hofkissed said...

Great cards... and nothing better than some awesome garage sale finds!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I am enjoying your blog; Your music note ornament is fabulous! And the pew is awesome-what a find!

Nonni said...

Hi! :)
Thanks for your nice comments in my blog. I was happy to find yours now, I'm really liking your card making style! Have a nice beginning of the week!

Rhonda Langley said...

I am soooo jealous of your great furniture finds! Your Christmas cards are fabulous! Love the music ornament!

Dale Morin said...

WOW! Great Christmas cards. Great furniture finds also.

Audrey said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the gumball one!! Great ideas for pops of color!! And of course highlighting the promotional ribbon.... gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

WOW! The card is fabulous (my favorite colors!!) and all your Christmas cards are too....I may just case that musical Christmas ball....that one is so unique and looks easy to do. I am JEALOUS of all your yardsale scores! Very, very cool stuff...although I would not have room in my house for any more furniture...like I said, I'm jealous!

Bonnie said...

Beautifully, simple Christmas cards! Great for a workshop or stamp camp! What fabulous finds at the sales!

Unknown said...

I love the island indigo and baja breeze card with the mittens. So Christmas and so cozy! Very cute.

Sassy Stamper said...

Oh wow, what fabulous cards! I love your projects on your blog. I am soooo following you, total inspiration!