My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, September 24, 2012

Riding in a one-horse Open Sleigh for Merry Monday

 
Dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh... It's a very Merry Monday again! This is my last week as Featured Designer for Lesley. It's been fun! And I've really enjoyed seeing all of the fabulous creations with these great sketches and terrific designers week after week. Thank you all for your kind words! For my last hurrah, I'm going out with style - using the Open Sleigh stamp set.
 


This card is rich in textures, with the flocked red flourishes of the Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Paper to the dazzling sparkle of the Red Glimmer Paper and the softness of the White Organza Ribbon. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the Merry Christmas greeting after cutting that layer with the Label Framelit.


Here's the sketch for Merry Monday Challenge #34. I'd love it if you made a card and uploaded it using the link above! Thanks.

Don't forget - You can get a FREE spool of In Color Ribbon (Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, or Summer Starfruit) for every $40 you order thru Sept. 30! The ribbon is valued at $8.95 a roll. If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to be yours. You can Order Online day and night through my Online Store at http://TheRubberRoom.stampinup.net. Thanks!

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, now this is one BEAUTIFUL card! Love the image, especially with that gorgeous flocked paper! We are so glad you were able to play with us this month!

Bonnie said...

Oooh! I think this is the first card I've seen with this sleigh! How beautiful with all the textures to boot! I have so enjoyed you on the design team. I hope you'll keep on playing with us!

Lesley said...

This is one gorgeous card Terry! Love that flocked paper and the sleigh is darling. Thank you for being such a wonderful featured designer...the month went far too quickly.
Hugs,
Lesley

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous card -- love that sleigh and the beautiful bow -- and of course, Lesley's sketch!!

Kim said...

How pretty! I love the flocked dsp!
Your card really makes me hope we have a very wintery winter!
hugs, kim

MiamiKel said...

How lovely, Terry!! This is a vision in red and a perfect holiday card! xx0o

Dale Morin said...

Very pretty!! Love all that texture.

Anonymous said...

WOW Terry. What a fabulous monochromatic card for this sleigh. The specialty DSP works so well here with the red glimmer paper

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the red and white and I can almost feel the flock on the flourishes.

Bev Gomez said...

Hey terry, thanks for your kind comment on my card for this challenge. I don't have that sleigh set but love your card. Happy stamping. Hugs, Bev

Karen Aicken said...

LOVE the red and white - and that sleigh image is beautiful. Such a lovely card.
Cheers, Karen

Tiz Barnes said...

You're right, we were on the same colour wavelength. Love that DSP.

http://heresmycard-tiz.blogspot.ca

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I keep digging this DSP sheet out and still haven't dared to cut it. It's so beautiful and you've done an excellent job using it!

Rhonda Langley said...

Nice combo of that flocked paper and the Glimmer paper!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh so very elegant Terry! I love the lusciousness of this flocked DSP!