My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wonderful Winterland penny spinner card


Bear with me as I write several posts today. I have been taking photos and getting things organized in my stamp area in preparation for another busy week. I have many more Christmas cards to post. I'm not all about Halloween, though I do enjoy it!

I love cards with movement! And this penny spinner Wonderful Winterland card is so fun and easy to make. This was one of my club projects this month.

I started with a Baja Breeze card, running the front through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. Using the Apothecary Accents Framelits, I diecut this oval-like shape from Snow Festival dsp, then used the Word Window punch to punch through both layers 2+ times, making a track on which the spinner will rest.

The spinner is a penny, two dimensionals on top of each other, and a second penny. Then I stuck two dimensionals side by side on the outside of one penny and stuck it to the back middle of my "medallion" - the kid innertubing. I used a combination of markers and ink pads with a blender pen to color the image, outlining the entire thing in Sahara Sand to make the other colors pop.



Order 24/7 from my Online Store: http://TheRubberRoom.stampinup.net;

Get a FREE Halloween Project Kit when you buy the Starter Kit for only $99 plus tax thru August 31, 2012. You can fully customize your kit thru my SU! website.

4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Sooo cute!! I love spinner cards and yours is just the sweetest!! I made one of those (first in a long time!) a few weeks ago and never got around to blogging it :) It just might be that time to get to bloggin! :) x0x0

Basteltiger´s Welt said...

Hi Terry,

thanks for your comment on my blog.
I´m glad that you found me.
I am following you from now, I love your card.

Have a nice day,
Nadine

phaleneos said...

Hey Terry,

Your Spinner-Card is great,i love it! I must try again :)

Hugs Annett

Rhonda Langley said...

Haven't made a spinner card in quite a while-I may have to CASE this one!