My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fabulous Comfort Cafe fabric holders for your scissors


Everyone should have one of these terrific holders for their scissors! This fabric paper snips holder is the fourth project made by my American Ink achievers at their Rewards event. I die-cut Comfort Cafe fabric using the Petal Cone die, cut off the tabs, and used Stampin' Up!'s fabric adhesive to hold the batting (also run through the same die and the tab cut off) to the fabric. The most time-consuming part of this entire project was searching for my iron! I don't iron anything - but needed it here so the fabric adhesive stuck to the batting and the fabric.

This one was my prototype. I used extra batting leftover from my rag quilt project to strengthen this little holder. I used two layers of batting (one for each petal cone piece of fabric), and it was too thick. You can see part of the batting on the lower right side in this photo. One thickness proved just right. And my achievers used a blanket stitch to hand sew their holders. It was a quick project!

I used my sewing machine to stitch the two pieces of fabric together on the curved tops first, then folded it and sewed down the right side. I used the Fun Flowers die to cut Comfort Cafe fabric flowers, which I have attached with an antique brad using the Crop-a-dile so it holds the flap down too.

11 comments:

stressfreestamping said...

Hi, Terry! Thanks for posting over on my blog. I love this project! I don't sew but I am thinking I can use the tape that you can iron to make one of these. What a great hostess gift and way to use up all of my extra fabric. Shana

KER said...

very nice project...and so handy

Donna Heber said...

Oh, these are awesome Terry and I could use a pair too! Whoops just read where you used a sewing machine - not something I have in my house :-) Awesome project.

Becky said...

wow, what a wonderful idea, and so pretty.

Krafting Karen said...

This is great. I need to make one! I'm a following your great blog! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

Heather said...

These are adorable! I need to start using more fabric...

Ana Carolina Little said...

This is such an awesome idea!!!... and beautiful fabric!!!

Sabines Basteleien said...

Hi Terry, thanks for posting on my blog.
My english is not good, sorry ;-(

But i will follow your blog, too.
Very nice Ideas.

Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
Sabine

Tina said...

i love the solors of the fabric, very pretty

Lieblingsstempel said...

Ooh, this is beautiful. I´m always searching for my scissors in my bag ;-) Great idea.
Thanks for following my blog, I will follow yours, too.
Lovely greetings from Germany,
°Dina°

Rhonda Langley said...

Cute project. I am not sure if my iron still works LOL!