My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fun and fabulous swaps at our American Ink gathering

Puddin's swap
Today has already been so much fun! My studio was filled with my talented downline, great swaps, fabulous make and takes, and some terrific-tasting food. for a few hours. To top it off, the sun is shining and life is very good!

Kathy H. swap
Barb A.'s swap
Kim's swap
Bernie's swap
Ginette's swap
Frankie's swap
Tori's swap (guest demo)
I'll post the half dozen make and takes tomorrow. I was excited to be asked back to the Montclair Park Holiday Bazaar, which took place Thursday for the second year in a row. It's my favorite bazaar because 1) it's free; 2) it's about half a mile from my home; 3) they provide a shuttle for us, as well as food and drink! I've never been treated better as a vendor.

 
Here's the goody bag each vendor received. It has a big candy cane, candies, Post-It Note pads and a pen in it.
 
 
The lobby is decked out for Christmas, and Christmas music is played all day long (the bazaar was 10-3). What's cool is that this bazaar is organized primarily for the residents of the assisted living center and staff to shop, though the public is welcome too.
 


 
This was my table, which took me about 5 minutes to set up. I loved being by the window. I sold all kinds of things - from stocking stuffers to handmade cards, In Case of Emergency frames and more. It was a fun day!
 


My table was next to ladies calling themselves the Knit Wits. They had beautiful kid sweaters and hats, owls, slippers and hats for cheap! It was great running into my fellow Lion Club member Bev (on the left). The lady on the right is a resident of Montclair Park. Yarn is donated to the Knit Wits who then sell whatever knitted items they can. They donate the money to charity and give whatever doesn't sell to Kitsap Community Resources for people who need these items.

Today I'm grateful for being able to donate my time, money and talents to a variety of charities year 'round, along with my hubby and kids. Helping others really makes life worthwhile.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like you had loads of fun! Can hardly wait for the Victorian Festival!
hugs, kim