My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, November 26, 2012

Stocking Stuffer idea #4: A gift card holder (or two)

 
Gift cards will never go out of style. So why not create special gift card holders for them? I used a Crumb Cake envelope, scored it in half and cut the flap on the score line, and ran it through the Northern Flurry embossing folder.
 
 
The left side of the flap is sealed. I used a label framelit stamped with a More Merry Messages for inside. There's room for the recipient's name and yours! Open the flap on the right to insert the gift card.
 
 
All of these gift card holders use the mitten punch, Festival of Prints pad, and Cherry Cobber/Whisper White baker's twine. I made a few "Happy Birthday," and "thinking of you" holders too. All of the stamps are from Teeny, Tiny Wishes and punched with the Word Window.
 
 
This Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler gift card holder is a blast from the past. I used it as a project last year and still had a few cut in my scrap box! It uses the Snow Much Fun stamp set, along with a few punches.
 
 
Inside, there's a Whisper White envelope that's been sealed shut and the ends cut off. The envelope ends hold two cards - one for the gift card (not shown in front), and the other one stamped, with space for a short note.
 
Today, I'm grateful for our rescued pets. They provide us with unconditional love, funny antics, and even aggravation. But it's all worth it. I was talking to my Dad last night. He lives in a college town and rural farming area. Every summer and winter a few students "drop off" their pets in the country and return home. My Dad now has 7 dogs and at least 11 cats/kittens at his home. He said this past summer someone dropped off 7 cats. They live outside (though they can go into the detached garage to get relief from the cold temperatures). One of the seven was pregnant and had kittens recently, so they were moved into the house until the kittens are old enough to be spayed/neutered and fend for themselves. Fortunately, my Dad's girlfriend works at a vet clinic and gets reduced fees for services. Cindy takes the cats in to the clinic to get neutered or spayed as she can catch them. So please take time to spay and neuter your pets. And remember to love them as much as they love you.
 
 

5 comments:

Cheryl Harlan said...

Love these! Too Cute. Great idea Terry

Michelle said...

Great ideas. I especially like the gift card holder made with the envelope. Think I will have to case that one.

MiamiKel said...

Okay, seriously - I'm teary eyed! I was already oooohing and awwwing over your awesome envie creations - this is ever so creative! but to hear the story of the drop offs, that's just so heartbreaking. God bless your dad for taking them in and how wonderful it would be to have homes for all of them. Animal rescue is near and dear to my heart - thanks for all you do!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend! Blessings!
x0x0

Donna Heber said...

Awesome gift card idea! I like the idea of using an envelope - quick and easy. Lots of hugs to your Dad and girlfriend for taking care of the dogs and cats that are dropped off. I just don't know how someone can do that. It breaks my heart.

Gift Card envelopes said...

Great ideas..like the layout and the design..I wish to use it.