My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, January 16, 2014

'Tis the Season for my Christmas Deer

 
My friend, Holly, invited me to be a Guest Designer at her 'Tis the Season Challenge blog. I love challenges! And this one keeps Christmas alive 365 days of the year. This time around it's an Inspiration Challenge. You can see the photo below and create where it takes you - wreath, deer, wood, whatever you like!

 
Here are the rules:
1. Your project must be a new Christmas project created for this challenge.
2. Link back to 'Tis the Season or use the Challenge Graphic within your post.
3. Please don't combine more than 4 challenges (including this one!).
4. HAVE FUN! (Okay, I added that one.)

 You have 2 full weeks to take part in this challenge, so pull out a favorite Christmas stamp or two and get busy! Now here's my pretty literal interpretation of the photo for my card:
 
 
I first stamped the Hardwood stamp in Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White card stock, then stamped the Christmas Deer image in Cajun Craze and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I layered Cajun Craze card stock under the white layer and put both on a Marina Mist card. The color combo is from Stampin' Up!'s Color Coach. I love that thing! Anyway, I used a hostess set called Warmth & Wonder for the sentiment.


6 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Welcome to 'Tis The Season, Terry! :) Glad to have you joining us for the month. I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying the stamp set with the deer head. :( Great take on the inspiration challenge. The deer is perfect for it.
Sara

MiamiKel said...

LOVE your christmas blog! I vote for Cmas all year, too! ) WHat a fun challenge, hope I find some time to play along as I love Cmas card, didn't manage to make more than a few though - what a great idea! Yours is so lovely, classic and elegant - beautiful! BLessings my friend!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a cool card and interpretation of the inspiration picture!! I love this and it could be used for a guy's birthday also!! You're making me wish I had bought that stamp!! : )

Donna Heber said...

You did a great job with the challenge Terry! Wonderful card. I always feel a little sad when I put the Xmas stamps away.

Becky said...

What an awesome card.

hollybeary creations said...

This is so fun.. I love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us as a Guest Designer this month!