My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, January 30, 2014

'Tis the Season for great colors

 
Beware the kangaroo bearing gifts! Ha ha Just kidding. I love this stamp from a retired 2005 Stampin' Up! set called Happy Christmas, Mate! I have a thing for all things Australian, except the spiders and snakes.

 
 I started with a Chocolate Chip card and embossed the front with Pretty Print, then adhered 1" circles of Marina Mist. I used only those two colors to color the main image with the ink pads and blender pen, adding silver dazzling details to the shoes, hat and gift (that's hard to see!). I used the Circles Framelits to die-cut the kangaroo after stamping it.

 
I combined two challenges for this card - 'Tis the Season color challenge and Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge. There's a day+ left for the CCMCSpring14-01 challenge and you have two weeks for 'Tis the Season.
 
 
You can see I kinda turned around the sketch to make it work with this stamp set. I love challenges as starting points to creating one-of-a-kind cards! Now it's your turn. Create a card and link it to these blogs. And have a happy day!
 

1 comment:

Deb said...

This is super cute! Love that stamp image! And I really like how you flipped the sketch! Looks great!! Thanks for playing the Saturday challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!