My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, July 5, 2013

Chalk Talk card for sketch, color challenges


It's been awhile since I've taken part in a sketch or color challenge, so I decided to make one card using the Chalk Talk stamp set (p. 12) and Beautifully Baroque embossing folder (p. 191) for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge 93 and Sunday Stamps Color Challenge 53. There's still time to participate in both challenges!

 

 
I started with a 5-1/4" x 8-1/2" piece of So Saffron card stock, then added a 5" x 4" piece of Tempting Turquoise, punching the corners. I layered a 4-3/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Tangerine Tango card stock on top of the turquoise after running it through the Big Shot and rounding the corners. These colors were seriously a challenge for me!
 
 
I used an 11/16" x 5" piece of Tempting Turquoise under the Delicate Details Lace Tape (p. 171) because I thought the card needed a bit more blue, then I added Brights Candy Dots (p. 171). The "for you" is punched with the 1-3/8" Circle punch and adhered with dimensionals on the blue and white layer, which is also adhered with dimensionals over the lace tape. Could there be more? Of course there is! There's an Anything Goes Challenge over at Stampin' Royalty, so I'm adding this card there too. You still have a few days left to add something!
 

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #183 - Anything Goes!

Create a card, Scrapbook page, 3-D Item, or My Digital Studio project,
Then upload it to your blog or public gallery and be sure to add a link back here letting people know you're participating in our challenge!
 
Thanks for coming by and spending a few minutes on my blog! I appreciate it.

12 comments:

Hofkissed said...

I really love how you used the blue under the lace tape. It really makes it pop! I'm glad the colour scheme challenged you and thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

jjcreations said...

Wonderful card - I have to admit that I haven't used that lacy tape enough! I like how you've used it across the middle on top of the paper - thanks for the inspirational reminder! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

Jen Mitchell said...

These colors are beautiful together and I love the embossed background. The lace tape really adds some elegance too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

OttawaMom said...

I love how the embossed background compliments the Chalk Talk label so well. And I really like how you used the lacy tape with just a hint of the blue showing through. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

Narelle Farrugia said...

So clean and beautiful! I love that new embossing folder - it gives wonderful texture to your card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Donna Heber said...

Lots of wonderful details Terry! The embossed background is awesome and I love the pretty frilly tape.

Unknown said...

Love all the texture and designs on this lovely card :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!

Diane said...

Love your card for FMS! Great design and love the use of colors!

Kathya said...

So glad you joined us for this color challenge Terry! Really like your card, very pretty! The lace tape looks awesome! Hope you will join us again.

Georgeann Manning said...

So pretty and delicate looking!! beautiful!
thanks for playing along with this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely card! I love the dry embossed panel. The colors look great together! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps--hope you will join us again soon!
:) Marie

hollybeary creations said...

Terry this came out great.. I really like all the texture you added and how you used the Challenge Colors. I had to have this set and it's still sitting untouched..lol Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.