My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Zoo Review giraffe card

 
I adore lilacs - and the bushes in my yard are finally blooming! I absolutely love the scent.

 
I think this giraffe image in the Zoo Review set is striking - so striking, in fact, that I opted to NOT add color. Instead, I went for a Daffodil Delight/Basic Gray color scheme.

 

I embossed the front of the Daffodil Delight card with the Square Lattice embossing folder before adding layers of Basic Gray (punched with the scallop border punch) and Very Vanilla. The giraffe was stamped in Jet Black StazOn, and the sentiment is from the hostess set Banner Greetings. Finally, I added a piece of stitched Daffodil Delight ribbon.

I should note that the Zoo Review stamp set is no longer available for purchase. For the first time ever (that I can remember - and I've been a demonstrator for 12-1/2 years), when stamps on the retiring list are gone, they're GONE. As of today, the stitched ribbon and the embossing folder are retiring, but you can still order them via my Online Store at http://therubberroom.stampinup.net.

1 comment:

MiamiKel said...

I agree, it's stunning! What a beautiful color combo! ♥