My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, January 23, 2012

A handful of Leadership swaps; ice cold roads

It's a new week and we're only a day away from when Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration Event begins! I started today by postponing my clubs from meeting today to next week because there are a few inches of snow and ice at the studio, and no running water. It's just not safe to drive there!

I was at Leadership Conference in San Antonio, TX, last Wednesday through Saturday, and it was great! I always get pumped to try so many new ideas. But I needed some rest first. I took a nap when I got home, then slept for 10 hours that night. On Sunday, I took to my computer, churning out emails to downline and customers for Opportuni-Tea events and so much more!

Half of my suitcase on the way home was filled with free stamps and paper, ribbon and buttons and more from Leadership. It's exciting just looking at all that stuff! As I was going through it today, I came across a handful of swaps. I didn't have time to make swaps for the conference, but one woman shared while we were waiting in line together, and another gave me three of hers when I sat next to her at lunch! Everyone was so sweet. So here are they:


This beautiful card was given to me by Mary Ellen Scheiber. It uses the Messages for Mom and Fresh Vintage (SAB set) stamps, along with embossing folders, rhinestones, and White Organza ribbon.


The card above and the two below were given to me by MaryAnn Hougendobler of Coppell, TX. The glimmer birds are amazing in real life.


MaryAnn said this card was inspired by the sample on page 183 of the big catalog. I love Mocha Morning Specialty dsp with the natural hemp. It's so pretty!


This card uses Raining Flowers, Best Friends Forever, and Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess set). I love the Concord Crush color with Pear Pizzazz. I don't own the first two stamp sets (one of the reasons swapping is so wonderful), but love the combination above.

One of the neatest changes coming up: Stampin' Up! is reducing the big catalog size to 208 lighter-weight pages (from approx. 240), and reducing the COST to about half of what it is currently. Also, the 2012-2013 Catalog will go live on June 1, not July 1, as has been the case in the past. What does this mean for you? Well, it'll be alot easier to get a FREE catalog out of me, that's for sure! For now, though, if you'd like a free catalog, all you have to do is host a party with your friends. With a free item from the Sale-a-Bration Mini Catalog for every $50 you order (thru March 31), it's a great way to get anything from buttons and brads to ribbon and fabric for FREE. You can even have your party at my studio, once it thaws out.



1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.