My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dry erase photo frame and candy heart votive


I've been feeling all kinds of crafty today! I made flubber, a candy heart Valentine decoration, and a photo frame dry erase board.


My daughter and I made the flubber using warm water, Borax, Elmer's glue and food coloring (she chose green). She loves it. It's feels cool - I think it'd be fun to use for Halloween. You know, when you have the kids stick their hands in things to feel what they might be. It'd feel like just about any organ. Oooh! I got the recipe off of Pinterest.com.


I picked up a couple of glass containers today and a bag of candy hearts. I don't have much in the way of Valentine's decorations, so I thought I'd make some. I set the smaller glass container in the bigger one, then poured the candy hearts around the outside. The last step is adding the candle. It's sitting on my washstand right now, but it'll be going to my studio with me tomorrow. I got this idea after watching "The Chew" on TV one day awhile ago. They used candy corn (must've been a Halloween show!).


I used a piece of 5" x 7" Beau Chateau dsp in an inexpensive photo frame as a message board for my family. Then I gathered up a strip of Candy Cane fabric to make a flower, added a big designer button, and hot glued it to the frame. I bought dry erase markers that I covered with Beau Chateau paper. You can see the black marker in the photo. Now it's really easy to get my message across. Ha! Another Pinterest idea.

I hope you've been enjoying your Sunday! I've got a busy week ahead. I really should be prepping for my clubs, a 10-card class, my downline meeting, and more. Soon....

3 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You are so creative!!! This is a great project
following from SC
craftykatcreations.blogspot.com

Heather Williams said...

Okay lady... I have to follow you on Pinterest. Hope to make it to the next meeting!

Heather