My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A ribbon wreath for Christmas...

I'd been wanting to make a ribbon wreath ever since I saw the one near the back of the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. I picked up a wire wreath form Saturday at a craft store for $3.69. It is four rings of wire connected at six different points and is green. I think it's the 14" form. The wreath took one roll each of:

  •  1-1/4" Early Espresso grosgrain
  •  1-1/4" Real Red grosgrain
  •  1-1/4" Old Olive grosgrain
  •  5/8" Real Red satin ribbon
  •  5/8" Old Olive grosgrain
  •  and 2 rolls of Victoria crochet trim
It took my 10-year-old daughter and I 1-1/2 hours to make the entire thing! It was so easy, I never imagined.

5 comments:

woodenstamp said...

Love this wreath. what size form did you use?

Terry said...

I'm not sure of the diameter. It was the smallest the craft store had in stock - maybe 14" is what I'm guessing.

Terry

JULIE said...

Love your wreath! Our craft group is going to make them soon, so thanks for the supply list. It's really precious!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!! This is a showstopper!!

Texas JennyWren said...

can you tell us how long the pieces of ribbon were? Also, did you just do a single knot? It is beautiful and I would LOVE to make one for my door!!