My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, November 6, 2010

New sketch with Christmas Classic stamps...

I found a fun sketch to try at www.createwithconnieandmary.com. I started with the Christmas Classic stamp set and Jolly Holiday paper. For the left rectangle, I made a gift out of the dsp and a couple of strips of Cherry Cobbler, with the holly and berries making a bow of sorts. I used the Merry from Tiny Tags and punched out a medium oval. I started with an oval scallop in Cherry Cobbler and cut out a couple scallops from the middle to make a custom oval scallop for the greeting. Of course you need bling - I've got glimmer brads, basic pearls, and Regal brads.


If you're up for another challenge, try http://fridaymashup.blogspot.com. It just went up yesterday and you've got till Wednesday to come up with something.


Stamps: Christmas Classic, Tiny Tag;
Ink: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight;
Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Jolly Holiday dsp;
Accessories: Glimmer brads, Regal brads, Scallop Border Punch, Medium Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Basic Pearls, dimensionals.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

I love your card - you really made this layout look great & looks like a Christmas present by the tree! I made need to CASE! TFS!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

This is cute.. but I was thinking it looked more like a tree by a window..

Deb said...

Very cute card!! I love how you made a gift from the designer paper! Clever!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson said...

Beautiful combination and layering of colors. Love the stamp set you used! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Mary Brown said...

This is one of my all time favorite stamp sets (that I don't have -- AAARRRGH!!!) LOVE your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

I love everything about this card! Very nice! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

Connie Babbert said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!!! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!