My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, October 17, 2008

September scrapbook pages...

I've made it a goal of mine to scrapbook a 12" x 12" page for each month for both of my kids. These aren't anything fancy. I'm just trying to "get 'er done," as Larry the Cable Guy would say. The pages use only Stampin' Up! products. And my kids love looking back to see what they were doing and when.

On my son's page, I simply used designer paper (Bella Rose) to make a pocket at the bottom with photos and then added a strip at the top with a big silver circle brad to help counter the weight of the three brads at the bottom. The pocket holds samples of my son's schoolwork as a benchmark for starting 4th grade - multiplication problems, math and science work, as well as his writing.

I handwrote my son's height and weight and punched it out with the Word Window punch - another benchmark we keep track of. I used mini glue dots to adhere it to the textured Pacific Point page.

My daughter happened to be the first in her 2nd-grade class to be chosen Star of the Week, so I adhered that informational sheet over a textured piece of Baja Breeze card stock with some Baja Breeze designer paper on the sides. I punched big and small stars from the designer paper, Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip card stocks and adhered them with dimensionals. There's a photo corner I punched out of Chocolate Chip and tied a knot of striped Baja Breeze ribbon around it. That's as fancy as I got for embellishments.

These pages are simple so I can keep up with both kids each month. I've found that if I try to make them more elaborate, nothing gets done! I'd love for you to share your scrapbook pages and ideas with me. I'll post them here.


No comments: