My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Heritage Holiday penny spinner card...

This was my swap card for my Heritage Holiday stamp camp. It's a penny spinner card.
First, I used the Word Window punch to make a track for the spinner mechanism, punching about 2 1/2 times to get the length shown here.

Then I adhered a 2" x 5 1/2" piece of Ski Slope designer paper to the bottom of the Old Olive card, with a strip of 5/8" Bravo Burgundy grosgrain on top of that. I punched a 1/8' hole for the build-a-brad, which is a single Bravo Burgundy ornament I inked with a marker and punched out with a 1/2" circle punch.

The spinner is Santa stamped in Basic Gray, colored with the Bravo Burgundy ink pad and aqua painter and punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I sponged around the perimeter of the circle with more Bravo Burgundy. Then I punched another circle of the same size in Old Olive and stuck it to the Santa circle just to make the circle more firm.

Now for the spinner mechanism - stick a dimensional in the middle back of the 1 3/4" circle, then stick a penny to it, add another dimensional in the middle of that penny and add a second penny. That's it! You fit the gap between the pennies in the Word Window track and now it spins freely! It's fun!!!

Oh, and I stamped "Holiday Cheer" through the Word Window track, so when the spinner rolls from left to right, it becomes visible.






No comments: