My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, November 4, 2011

Tutorial: How to Extend the Word Window Punch


In just a few easy steps, I can show you how you can use the same punch to make an extended length tag. Here, I folded a strip of Very Vanilla card stock.


Insert the folded card stock into the punch, but not all the way.


This is what you end up with. Just straighten out the tag and stamp on it.


Here's the difference. I needed a longer Word Window for "A Note of Thanks," so this worked out perfectly!


4 comments:

Wink said...

What a great idea. Now I'll be able to use this punch more often. I have always had trouble with getting the right length for my words! Thanks for the great tip!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Very cute card! I don't have it yet, but I love that stamp set. Your idea is certainly a bit easier than mine, but if you don't want the crease in the middle, you can cut a strip of CS that is 3/8" wide and however long you want it. Turn the punch upside down and insert just one end into the round part of the punch and punch, then do the same with the other end. This way you get more of an exact measurement if you need it, and no crease. Hope that made sense. You can use this to extend most of the punches.

TGCF said...

Thanks this was a wonderful Punch Tip!

terry said...

YOU CAN ALSO MAKE THE SLOT PUNCH LONGER BY JUST MOVING THE PUNCH FORWARD FOR HOWEVER LONG YOU WANT THE SLOT INSTEAD OF HAVING TO FOLD THE PAPER IN HALF AND HAVNG A CREASE IN THE PAPER