My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, November 25, 2011

Falling Leaves and a Thanksgiving to remember

Yesterday was the most relaxing Thanksgiving I can remember. Seriously, it was laid back and just... nice. Though I woke up early to put the turkey in the oven, my hubby had awakened a bit earlier and prepped it. I can't stand pulling those gizzard and neck parts out of the cavity. Blech. It makes me want to be a vegetarian every year! Anyway, I went back to bed for a couple more hours. It was heaven.

When I woke up the second time, I was able to lounge around in my pajamas and enjoy a couple cups of coffee while returning texts and emails of Thanksgiving greetings. I am grateful for all of you, my family and friends, my customers and downline, for all of our American soldiers serving our country and making sacrifices for us, and for good health and a warm home. By the time our guests arrived, everything was ready. I had caught a few minutes of "The Chew" (my newest favorite TV show) earlier in the week and saw how to carve a turkey. Those minutes paid off when I was able to carve our turkey perfectly! I wish I would've taken a photo of the drumsticks and meat on the platter. Yes, I am proud of myself! It took just minutes.


This photo cracks me up. Our cat, Frito, looked ready to pounce on Eric as Eric was sighting his rifle on the dining room floor yesterday evening. The cat never did pounce! Off in the corner, you can see cardboard boxes the kids have turned into a kitty condo for Frito.

Now for the stamping portion of the blog:

I made slight changes to this card I CASE'd from Heather Klump. The Woodgrain stamp was inked in Early Espresso and stamped on Pumpkin Pie card stock, with a knot of Early Espresso quilted ribbon and a scallop trim border-punched strip of Cherry Cobbler. Leaves from Falling Leaves were stamped in three colors and punched out and adhered with dimensionals.

No comments: