My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, April 19, 2013

Pretty Postage thanks to middle school staffers for jobs well done

 
Everyone loves to be appreciated. This morning, I took in 83 goodies for the staff at my local middle school. That covers teachers to custodians to therapists and more. And I made a couple of extra treats so I can brighten the days of cashiers on my errands today. I love random acts of kindness!
 
 
I used my Print Poetry pad, the rest of my Festival of Prints pad (from the Holiday Catalog), and the rest of a pack of Sycamore Street dsp (from Sale-a-Bration last month). Then I used coordinating card stock with the old Stampin' Up! butterfly punch because it made more of a visual impact than our current Elegant Butterfly punch, trying to use retiring colors like Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red, and Neutrals brads. I started out making Sour Cream or Twist Containers, but folding the top perpendicular to the bottom would've squished the Kit Kat inside, so I used the brad and butterfly to hold the top closed, and Sticky Strip for the back and bottom. The sentiment is from the Pretty Postage stamp set, and punched with the Postage Stamp punch.
 
Today, I'm going to try a raved-about Angel Food cake recipe from scratch for the first time. My friend, Jennifer, and I are putting together a Strawberry Shortcake treat for the middle school employees next Friday. I'm hoping a few parents donate whipped cream and strawberries, and that one dad, in particular, will bake for us. He's made amazing cookies, lemon bars and more for staff appreciation events!
 
Happy Stampin'!

No comments: