My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Terrific teacher gift...

I saw a photo of a card organizer and thought, "I can do that." So this is my version, with the Boho Blend Simply Scrappin' Kit. It will be an end-of-the-year gift for my daughter's teacher.

I put jumbo eyelets on each cover and 2-pocket page, though in my second version, I only put in jumbo eyelets on the front and back covers. Another lesson I learned was to not attach the cover to the first page of pockets. If you do, it makes it so you can't full access the first pocket, which is exactly what you want to do since there's a card and envelope in there.

I also used some of the designer paper in the pack to make a pocket on the inside of the back cover for postage stamps. So the teacher can write down her friends' and family's birthdays and have a card and envelope in pocket AND stamps in the back to send it off when she thinks about it. I think this is my problem - I make the cards - lots of them - but don't often get them sent out on time!

I took photos of some of the pages with cards I made also using the same scrappin' kit with random stamps. You can get a lot of mileage out of those puppies! I also added some ribbon originals to hold the organizer together.













There's a monthly calendar on each pocket (12), and I used patterned paper at the top just for a quick and easy decoration.



No comments: