My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sketch Challenge with Contempo Christmas...



I enjoyed using a sketch to create this card. The idea for this card started with the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set. I wanted to use the penguin, but after spotting some Baja Breeze paper with glittery red dots in the Candy Cane Christmas dsp pack, I chose the reindeer so I could add a shiny red nose to go along with all the other dots on this card. (A little FYI here - did you know you can color Stampin' Up!'s rhinestone jewels with Sharpies? I'd suggest not coloring it when the rhinestone is on your card.)

The tree is from Contempo Christmas, stamped with all three colors on this card - Baja Breeze, Real Red and Crumb Cake. The greeting is from Curly Cute. I used several punches - the 1" and 1-1/4" circles for the reindeer layers, and the Scallop Edge Border Punch in Crumb Cake.

Stamps: Contempo Christmas, Curly Cute, Jolly Bingo Bits;
Ink: Baja Breeze, Real Red, and Crumb Cake;
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Candy Cane Christmas dsp;
Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Clear Circle die, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, glimmer brad, rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals.

3 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love this card it is so so so cute.. and that baby reindeer makes me smile! Plus the card just sparkles!! I am going to have to make one!!

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

hollybeary creations said...

Super Cute.. The sparkly brad is just the right touch.. The DSP is so pretty and perfect for Holiday Cards.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Ok.. I know I already left a comment.. but it is so cute.. I had to tell you again.. I hope maybe we get to make this card sometime soon at a card event at your place!! lol

Hugs