My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pleasant Poppies birthday

 
Pleasant Poppies is a big, single stamp you can use for any occasion. Today, I'm using it with this birthday card I made for a friend. I stamped the image in Jet Black StazOn on First Edition designer series paper (dsp), then used a Real Red ink pad and blender pen to shade the flowers.

 
I tore the bottom of the dsp and layered it on a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Square Lattice embossed Old Olive card stock that was adhered to the Real Red card. The crochet trim, 1/8" Real Red taffeta bow, and antique brad all add texture to the card. I didn't take a photo of the inside because I'd already written a personal message, but I die-cut the largest Apothecary Accent framelit and stamped a birthday greeting on it.
 
I hope you have an amazing day!
 
Just incase you didn't see the urgency! :)
 
Oh hey, just a reminder that there are lots of fabulous stamps that won't be available to order after June 3. Here's the list: Retiring Stamps. There will be a few days overlap with the new catalog, because that one starts June 1, so you can get "old" and "new" at the same time and on the same order!
 
Also, there are accessories that are running out daily. Look at this list and see if there's anything you can't live without. Retiring Accessories (while supplies last).
 
Happy Stampin'!
 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice card. I like the color combination and the texture.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Terry,

How are things out there in Washington? Your card is beautiful and I might just have to think about that Poppy stamp. It fills the card up nicely.