My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, February 17, 2012

Hubby's valentine and critter update


I adore my hubby - even more when he makes a card for me! Though he said he didn't feel like stamping on Valentine's Day, he used bits and pieces of projects that were laying on my desk unused. He's so proud he cut the textured white paper into thinner strips and used SNAIL to make the letter "L" (for Love, he says). We've been together 23 years and married for 17 next month. Life is good!

Now updates on other members of our family:


Our orange tabby, Frito (middle name "Lay"), is turning 1 year old tomorrow. He loves the top of our new couch. I love that he's the only cat I've known who comes when called - by my daughter. Most cats have that "I'll come when I feel like it" attitude. Frito weighs more than 14 pounds now, and when stretched tall, his claws can touch the top of my kitchen island!


Our mutt, Isabelle, is happy, which makes us happy. She just turned 5 a few weeks ago. She's guardian of our home, and lives for lovin's from all of us. She enjoys chasing Frito now and then, and loves her rubber goose toy and treats.

The kids only had school for a few hours this morning and get a three-day weekend because of President's Day. I'm hoping I can not only start a rag quilt (with scallop squares cut by the Big Shot), but finish it for a throw for the couch. I have several fat squares of Spice Cake fabric I want to use. Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

kim said...

How did you get her to smile for the camera? she so stinkin' cute!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hey I think that Eric Blais needs to join the DT!!
Frito is so much bigger then that picture shows!! He is one big Cat!
Isabelle is a pain in the butt sometimes, but she is so darn cute!!

Hugs
Shirley