My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sail Away into the sunset


I love the beautiful colors of this card. Seeing a sunset from a sailboat is a wonderful way to live. I've experienced it once and it was beautiful!

For this Sail Away card, CASE'd from Heidi Baks, I used Natural Ivory card stock with Night of Navy and Nautical Expedition dsp layered on top. The entire stamp was stamped once on a Natural Ivory layer, then again for just the sails on Whisper White card stock. I stamped the boat a third time on Not Quite Navy card stock that I ripped, sponged and used a white gel pen to highlight the waves.

For the sun, I punched a circle in a scrap and sponged Daffodil Delight. Then, using the circle I'd punched out, I tacked it down on top of the sun to sponge around it with Tangerine Tango and more Daffodil Delight.


Stamps: Sail Away, Teeny, Tiny Wishes;
Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango;
Paper: Whisper White, Naturals Ivory, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Nautical Expedition dsp;
Accessories: White gel pen, Modern Label Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, dimensionals, sponge daubers.

No comments: