My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, October 22, 2012

Whoo hoo! I'm a guest blogger at Pink Paper Bakery


Can you see it? She's not into him. She'd rather watch her pet spider than catch Frankie's dance moves... which are obviously meant to impress. Okay, maybe it's all in my mind. I'm easily entertained! ha ha I love the stamps in the Googly Ghouls stamp set. And when Deena at Pink Paper Bakery asked me to be a Guest Blogger today, I was thrilled!

My jumping off point was this sketch challenge #145 at Pals Paper Arts. The challenge is open till October 25 (noon, CST).

 
I started with an Old Olive card, then added a layer of Pretty in Pink card stock that I double embossed. I inked up the top inside of the Lacy Brocade embossing folder with VersaMark Ink, ran it through the Big Shot, then added clear embossing powder, tapping off the excess and heating it. Here's a close-up:
 
 
I love that you get two shades of the same color AND that it looks wet in the depressions. From there, I added a piece of Night of Navy card stock that I cut to look like a banner after embossing it with the Square Lattice folder. Frankie and his date were stamped in Night of Navy, colored with Old Olive, with highlights of Pretty in Pink (a combo from my Color Coach!). I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter with a 2-way glue pen to the witch's buttons and hat buckle after outlining the duo in Sahara Sand.
 
I hope you like it! It's been great fun for me seeing all of the creative projects at the Pink Paper Bakery. Thanks again, Deena, for inviting me to take part in your fabulous blog!
 
 
 
Stamps: Googly Ghouls, Mixed Medley (hostess);
Ink: Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, VersaMark Ink, Regal Rose (for "Treats for Boo" saying), Sahara Sand (to outline images);
Paper: Whisper White (3-1/4" x 2-1/4" plus scrap for 3/4" circle), Pretty in Pink (3-1/2" x 5-1/2" and 2-5/8" x 3-5/8"), Night of Navy (3" x 5"), and Old Olive card stock (5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and 2-7/16" x 3-7/16");
Accessories: 3/4" circle punch, Lacy Brocade and Square Lattice embossing folders, Big Shot, heat tool, clear embossing powder, Stampin' Dimensionals.


No comments: