My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, May 6, 2011

Fabulous Florets for Monkey Challenge 55 - Flowers and a sketch...


Here's a close-up of a few of the flowers I put on this A La Card Monkey challenge card. I used reinkers and an aqua painter for saturated colors, then added highlights with a white gel pen.


I love this sketch. I think it would work well for any number of stamp sets! Plus you can add many details.


I started with the Pawsitively Prints II dsp. The small flower pattern is my favorite. I pulled the colors from it - Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight - for the entire card. Another highlight of the card, for me, is the "you are awesome" phrase from the FYI stamp set. Who wouldn't love to get a card that says you're awesome?

Fabulous Florets is available in the Summer Mini Catalog. Contact me if you'd like to order any of the supplies used to make this card! Now create your own project using Flowers + the Sketch above, then link it to http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com/. Have a great weekend!

Stamps: Fabulous Florets, FYI;
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Black StazOn;
Paper: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Pawsitively Prints II dsp;
Accessories: Jumbo brads, aqua painter, Scallop Border Punch, 1/4" Daffodil Delight grosgrain, Poppy Parade poly-stitch ribbon, 1/8" Whisper White taffeta, dimensionals, Word Window Punch.

3 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Really love your card Terry. It's busy and happy and the colors are devine! Thanks for sharing.

Heid said...

Wow! Look at all that detail work in the flowers! Love, love, love all the bright colors!

Shellie G said...

I love the Fab Florets card. It's so bright and colorful. The sketch is awesome too. I'm going to have to use it soon :-)