My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Males of all ages are the focus of this 10-card class...


With summer fast approaching, I thought it a good idea to include a birthday card a boy or a girl could use. This card uses the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, and Sunny Day and Afterthoughts stamp sets. The colors are Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue and Real red.


A tie card is great for a businessman. I used Perfect Plum, More Mustard and Old Olive markers for this card, along with Brights dsp and a layer of Basic Black card stock. The stamp set is Best Dad Ever, and it's in the Summer Mini Catalog. My other sample uses the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment from the same stamp set.


I think this would be a fun card to give a young man. I used Tangerine Tango, Real Red and Pacific Point markers to ink up the surfboards from the Summer Splash stamp set. The big polka-dotted paper is from the Summer Mini Simply Scrappin' kit called Playful Polka Dots. The sentiment is from Teeny, Tiny Wishes.


This card is my favorite. I love the colors - Pumpkin Pie, Sahara Sand and Marina Mist. It uses the Sail Away single stamp in the Summer Mini, words from FYI, and 1-1/4" striped Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon. I CASE'd it from another blogger, with a few minor changes. Any outdoorsman would love this!


And finally, this Totally Tools card is right up my man's alley. He is a tool guy, so I love the sentiment and the distressing (done with the Cutter Kit). The colors are Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, and Crumb Cake, with some Elegant Soiree dsp. I used the same stamps and layout as another blogger, though I changed the colors and a couple other things.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

LOVE the cards and a great idea to focus on males only when designing these. They never get too much attention, do they? ;)