My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Something Sweet square cards...

I've been waiting for an excuse to use this Something Sweet stamp set (in the Occasions Mini), so I created a card class!

For one project, stampers could choose to make this gumball card or the baby card below, depending on which card they needed.

I started with a 5-3/8" square Whisper White card, with a square of Shades of Spring designer paper. I used my FREE Scallop Trim Border Punch ('cause I bought $50+, of course) on a piece of Soft Suede print paper, securing a knot of Pretty in Pink satin ribbon.

I found it easier to punch a 1-3/4" hole for the Sweet Treat Cup before stamping the bottom of the gumball machine. The little balls inside are edible pearls used in cake decorating.

The final touch is a filigree flower brad with a pink rhinestone brad.

The baby card uses the same supplies, though instead of a brad, we added a Soft Suede polka-dot ribbon knot on the rattle.

This card was CASE'd from here.

No comments: