My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Emboss resist technique on thank-you card...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Gratuitous Graffiti is my friend Holly's favorite stamp, or so it seems. I borrowed a page from her book - literally - with this Emboss Resist Technique card for my technique class last week.

Visit Holly's blog by clicking here.

Here's the technique: Stamp the image in VersaMark ink on Glossy White card stock. Pour White Embossing Powder over it, tap off excess and heat. Using sponges and ink pads, sponge areas of color all over glossy card stock. That's it! I used Yoyo Yellow, Orchid Opulence and Lovely Lilac.

I finished with the FREE Whimsical Words stamp set, stamped in Orchid Opulence and punched out with the Curly Label Punch. We sponged around it and added an ice circle rhinestone brad before adhering it to the top layer with dimensionals over white grosgrain ribbon.

There's a strip of Lovely Lilac card stock that's been Scallop Edge Punched, layered on top of a piece of Shades of Spring designer paper (Occasions Mini) on a Whisper White card.

Enjoy your day, and thanks for visiting!

No comments: