My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, March 30, 2015

Balloon Bash birthday pocket card

 
Here's a fun pocket card to give someone on their birthday. And best of all, it's easy to put together.

 
The 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Coastal Cabana card stock was scored at 5-1/2" and 1-1/2". On the 1-1/2" score line, use the spiral punch along the edge. There's a piece of Best Year Ever dsp that's cut 4" x 4" and adhered to the front before folding down the punched flap. Then use Sticky Strip to hold the card together at the vertical sides only.

I used mini glue dots to hold down the Crushed Curry ribbon (another SAB freebie in the accessory pack), then added a punched bow with the Bow Builder Punch, accenting it with a basic pearl.

The Whisper White insert is 3-3/4" x 5" and I used markers to ink up this sentiment from the Balloon Bash stamp set, which is in the Occasions Catalog.

I hope you like it! There are so many different ways to do a pocket card - such as stamping the sentiment on the front and sticking something like seeds in the pouch part. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

MiamiKel said...

I do like it, Terry! This is a gem! This is one of my VERY favorite SU colors, next to Cool Carribbean (miss it!) and this is a fabulous and fun fold to your birthday card! ♥
THank you for my birthday wishes, too!

Karen Tenney said...

Adorable card Terry!

Karen Tenney
Port Townsend