My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, August 21, 2014

World of Dreams for a happy birthday

 
Happy Thursday! It's a beautiful day here, with lots going on (as usual). My club members this month made a card that uses washi tape, a silver button and a bow of linen thread.

 
I started with a Whisper White card and stamped an acrylic block in Sahara Sand (after trying to get a watercolored background with that same color ink and an aqua painter). Then I stamped the floral stem from World of Dreams in Elegant Eggplant and added a few rhinestones for bling. I used a Crushed Curry marker to ink only the sentiment from a Label Love stamp. I CASE'd this card from the SU! catalog.
 
Photo: I'm finally at the end of my jam making marathon. One batch of blackberry, one batch of blackberry with a few raspberries, one batch of raspberry, one batch of strawberry-rhubarb, and one batch (only 2 jars) of a refrigerator rhubarb jam made with strawberry gelatin instead of pectin.
 
I spent the day yesterday making jam - a batch of blackberry from berries my hubby and I had picked the day before, a bath of blackberry with a handful of raspberries because I just ran short, a batch of raspberry, a batch of strawberry-rhubarb, and a batch of refrigerator rhubarb jam made with strawberry gelatin instead of pectin (that one only made 2 pints).
 
Today, I'm mailing off some of the jam to a nephew and friends, after I take my boy to the high school to get his photo taken and picks up his school schedule. Summer always seems to go by so fast! There are only two weeks till school starts.
 

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Lovely card :)
Do you need my address for some of that jam, teehee.
I picked blueberries last weekend at our cottage, but sadly not very many this year…I'll try again this weekend, hopefully better :)

Tina said...

beautiful card, love the details...
i love jam...looks yummy

Becky said...

Gorgeous cas card. I just love it. And all those jars of jam look fabulous, making me hungry :)