My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, June 1, 2012

Graduation card for Monkey Challenge #111


I have a large, extended family, so it seems as if someone is graduating from high school just about every year. I had no graduation cards on hand, so I was more than ready to make one using the A La Card Monkey Challenge #111: Graduation + Sketch.


Here's the whole card. I used a piece of Patio Party dsp, along with a Brights Button, linen thread, and Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit inks. I hand cut the graduation cap and then ran it through the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. For the bottom, I got the curve from the Curly Label Punch. The tassel was made by cutting 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon (for the string) and Basic Black dotted scallop ribbon for the tassel. The "congratulations" is from the Curly Cute stamp set.

Here's the sketch that you can follow. You don't have to make a graduation card. It can be whatever you need!



Stamps: Curly Cute;
Ink: Summer Starfruit; Midnight Muse;
Paper: Patio Party dsp, Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, and Whisper White card stocks;
Accessories: Curly Label Punch, dimensionals, 1/8" Basic Black and Baja Breeze ribbons; Basic Black scallop dotted ribbon; Neutral brads; Brights button; sponge dauber, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Scallop Border Punch.

3 comments:

Tina said...

beautiful papers and i love the grad hat very cute card

Paula Sievers said...

Hi Terry. I have made a card but I can't find where to link it on card monkey? Help

www.stampinwithpaula.com

A Stamper's Journey said...

I love this card! It's super cute! The grad cap and the dsp work so well together. Awesome!!!

Maureen